The StorEdge solution can be used to increase energy independence for homeowners, by utilising a battery to store power and supply power as needed. To optimise self-consumption, the battery is automatically charged and discharged to meet consumption needs and reduce the amount of power purchased from the grid.
- Power optimisers increase rooftop energy harvest
- PV power is stored directly in the battery
- DC coupled battery solution allows high system efficiency
- No additional conversions from AC to DC and back to AC
The cloud-based monitoring platform provides insight into household PV production and consumption, displaying the power flow between the PV array, battery, grid and house loads as well as tracking real-time system data.
Simple Design & Installation
- A single inverter for PV, storage and backup power
- Outdoor installation allows flexibility in battery location
- No special wires are required > utilises the same PV cables
Full Visibility & Easy Maintenance
- Monitor the battery status, PV production, and self-consumption data
- Smarter energy consumption to reduce electricity bills
- Monitor battery energy levels and remaining hours of backup power
- Remote access to inverter/battery software
- PV array and battery voltage reduced to a safe voltage automatically upon AC shut down when not in backup mode
“SolarEdge invented an intelligent inverter solution that has changed the way power is harvested and managed in PV systems. Addressing a broad range of solar market segments, from residential to commercial and large scale solar, the SolarEdge DC optimised inverter solution includes PV inverters, power optimisers, and cloud-based monitoring. By connecting power optimisers to each module, the system enables superior power harvesting and module management.
Since beginning shipments in 2010, SolarEdge has shipped more than 2.5GW of its DC optimised inverter solution and its products have been installed in PV systems in more than 91 countries. SolarEdge is traded on the NASDAQ under the SEDG symbol.”